Love yourself and start practising self care.
It’s not a new concept and I’ve touched on it before. Everyone needs to do this, children do this naturally-I’ll get to it- and it’s a very peace bringing practice.
A few ways I practice it and would suggest for you:
- Talking through key points of my day. Or write out my yearly goals daily to keep me focused.
- Do my nails or attempt to slowly comb through my curly hair (easily can become a negative task as it’s not a gentle process for #teamnatural).
- Slow showers, focus on specific areas and actually look at your body as you clean it appreciatively.
- Cook for myself and sometimes others. Especially pancakes-breakfast is my thing.
- Take a short evening drive, or a long one. Or just choose a big diversion to get back home.
- Watch cartoons in the morning and laugh. Or do yoga and try a new pose to fall and laugh.
- Help someone (altruistic acts done especially by introverts and nature lovers will help increases the endorphins that leads to happiness in the brain).
- Put your phone down and enjoy moments.
- Appreciate the sun rays or the perfect gust of wind that just passed.
- Sing and drive or sing and dance or sing and shimmy (which is a shoulder movement that can be seen via these Google gifs) to make someone else laugh.
The endorphins thing isn’t a direct fact, I’ve just read on all those topics to piece it together.
Now for the kids, what they’ve been doing:
- When they’re quite, yet mischievous, they’re actually being creative and exploring self.
- Singing to themselves and others.
- Greeting people as they walk by, they’re showing others love because they need it and it helps the child grow.
- Quietly reading to themselves
- Doing tasks they love doing and are good at. this could be, helping you unpack groceries, or helping to do the washing.
- When they hold your hand and look at the world.
- Their little independent moments of self cleaning and practising the good hygiene tips you taught them.
There’s more, but I don’t have children yet for this to not sound weird as I kind of study my Godson and children I work around.
Do something simple for you today, even if it’s reading or lighting a candle for your evening supper!
What more could you add to the list for yourselves as adults or kids? What’s your favourite self love practice or sequence of things?